Twenty-five years later.
September 11, 2001.
One of the greatest honors of my life was to enter the destruction alongside the first heroic firefighters—men and women who risked everything to save the lives of others.
I was there to photograph a human tragedy beyond race, creed, religion, or nationality. I witnessed extraordinary courage, compassion, and an unwavering commitment to our shared human family.
These photographs are my testimony to those who were there, those who were lost, those who survived, and all whose lives were forever changed.
May they also remind us, in a world still touched by war and suffering, of our responsibility to one another:
Be kind.
Be human.
Love one another.
With love,
From the Heart.
Tonight, September 11, at 7:00 p.m. ET, I will share these photographs and firsthand memories with Projections — 9.11: 25th Anniversary, directed by Frank Meo.
Remember with us.
My 9/11 photographs are also included in my retrospective book, FROM THE HEART: www.davidturnley.com/




















Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar